Sunday, November 16, 2014

Burying the Coin

The Parable of the Talents is meant to energize us to use whatever gift God has given us so that it multiplies, bears fruit, and in a sense, by its effect on others, doubles its value, brings joy to the Master, and reward to the "good and faithful servant."  But what of the servant who buried his coin, out of fear and laziness?  Wow!   Would I want that to be me? He had no motivation, no love for his Master to "take a chance" as did the others. He took a simple but cowardly approach and hid it in the security of doing nothing with it at all.  Is that how we use our talents?  We say, "NO".  Yet, when we look at WHY we pray, help others, or hesitate to step into the unknown, we might find that same fear and laziness, and not the LOVE which should empower us to risk, to trust, and do whatever we can, the best we can to use the coin that God has given us.  Lord, let me reflect on my motives and actions during these 24 hours you give me on this Sabbath, and see more clearly where I stand with the talents you have given me.  Increase my love that I may use them boldly and fearlessly  for you and others.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment