Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Am What I Am

As much as he loved the people of Corinth, Paul had to defend himself against the contentious situations and challenges they threw up against him.  When his authority was questioned, now mind you, Paul was the one who brought the faith to them and established the Christian Community there, he reminded them of the truth that he delivered to them and that, yes, he was once a persecutor of the believers in Jesus, but "by the grace of God, I am what I am".  and that grace has not been ineffective.  (1 Cor 15:10)
How many times in our own lives have we been questioned or challenged, or even in our own minds, has our "past" arisen in our imaginations and given us the feeling of unworthiness?  It is then that we must take the stance of St. Paul:  "by the grace of God I am what I am."  We sing of Amazing Grace, and truly it is...for it transforms, energizes and turns darkness into light.  May we never falter because of the opinion of others, or our own self-doubt.  No, grace makes all things possible:  a persecutor into an apostle, a sinner into a saint.
Bro. Rene  

No comments:

Post a Comment